I’ve had a pretty frustrating few hours today where TeamCity appeared to be very slow pulling from Git. I removed the VCS root and added it again, changed from HTTPS to SSH after which point it couldn’t even seem to pull anything from BitBucket.
After a bit of searching around I finally found my answer on stack overflow here – http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18766875/teamcity-getting-stuck-at-updating-sources-on-one-git-repo
By default TeamCity will only pull files <= 128mb. To change this you need to create an internal property that increases the size.
Create a new file in <Team City Data Directory>/config/ folder (c:\ProgramData\JetBrains\TeamCity\config by default) called internal.properties. Inside this file put the following: